Equipment Loan Policy
The Boulder Junction Public Library is every person’s gateway to an expanding world of information. The library is committed to providing the best in service to the community. To achieve this goal, the library has a data projector, DVD player, a laptop and a portable screen, which may be borrowed by local non-profit organizations.
The Boulder Junction Public Library maintains a collection of audio-visual equipment, which includes a data projector, a DVD player, a laptop and a portable viewing screen.
- The Boulder Junction Public Library equipment may be borrowed by non-profit and community organizations in the town of Boulder Junction, unless pre-approved by the board of trustees and/or library director. At least one individual from the reserving organization must come to the library and sign the Equipment Loan Agreement.
- The equipment must be reserved in advance. Reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis; however, library programs will take priority followed by town of Boulder Junction organizations.
- The equipment may be borrowed for a period of no more than 48 hours except when library hours prohibit the return within 48 hours. A $20 per day late fee with be charged if not returned within the agreed upon time.
- A $100 security deposit will be required to loan the library equipment. The library will return the deposit upon inspection of the equipment.
- There is no fee to borrow the equipment; however, the borrower is responsible and must pay for loss, theft or damage from any cause whatsoever while in possession of the equipment. Whether to repair or replace shall be determined and arranged for at the discretion of the Boulder Junction Public Library.
- The replacement value of the data projector is $600
- The replacement value of the projector bulb is $250
- The replacement value of the laptop is $750
- The replacement value of the DVD player is $30
- The replacement value of the projector case is $100
- The replacement value of the screen is $150
- The borrower is responsible for checking the equipment carefully and thoroughly, as the borrower is responsible for any damages found to the equipment. The Boulder Junction Public Library will not assume responsibility where the borrower has overlooked damages.
- The borrower will verify that they have the ability and knowledge to use the equipment in a safe and responsible manner. The Boulder Junction Public Library will provide a brief overview of proper use/care at the time of pick-up if requested.
- It is understood that the borrower is responsible for notifying the Boulder Junction Public Library during the loan period of any equipment malfunctioning or related operational problems.
- The equipment must be used within the Boulder Junction Public Library or the Boulder Junction Community Center unless already agreed upon with the library director.
- The equipment must be returned to the Boulder Junction Public Library during regular business hours unless other arrangements have been made with the library director.
Adopted November 2007
Revised November 2015
- Artwork Policy
- Behavior Policy
- Challenged Materials Policy
- Circulation Policy
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer and Internet Use Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- Credit Card Policy
- Disaster Policy
- Displays & Distribution of Material Policy
- Equipment Loan Policy
- Fundraising & Solicitation Policy
- Gift Policy
- Library Access Policy
- Mission Statement
- Operation Policy
- Personnel Policy
- Programs Policy
- Public Records Policy
- Reference Services Policy
- Revision of Library Policies
- Social Media Policy
- Services Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Wireless Internet Access Policy