Fundraising & Solicitation Policy
- The library encourages fundraising efforts on behalf of the library as formally authorized by the Boulder Junction Public Library Board of Trustees.
- Outside persons and organizations wishing to raise funds for library purposes may act in the name of the Boulder Junction Public Library only after the Library Board of Trustees has reviewed and approved the fundraising plan.
- All funds raised or donated in accordance with this policy will be used at the discretion of the Library Board of Trustees.
- Soliciting is defined as the sale or distribution of merchandise, sales materials, tickets, insurance, coupons, magazine subscriptions, political campaign materials or recall petitions, or anything not connected with the work of the library. Canvassing is defined as petitioning or distributing written materials or soliciting for political, charitable or religious purposes.
- Solicitation and canvassing of the public or staff is not permitted in the Boulder Junction Public Library. Solicitation and canvassing of the public in the community center building, in the parking lot and around the building grounds is subject to town policy.
- Exceptions may be made to the solicitation policy for fundraisers sponsored by the Friends of the Library, the local schools or organizations with which the library works closely. The library director will determine authorize such fundraisers on a case-by-case basis.
Any person who does not abide by the conditions stated above or creates a nuisance such that the regular business of the library is disrupted shall be required to immediately cease all activities and to leave the library premises immediately.
Adopted July 2011
Reviewed January 2021
Policies & Bylaws
- Artwork Policy
- Behavior Policy
- Challenged Materials Policy
- Circulation Policy
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer and Internet Use Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- Credit Card Policy
- Disaster Policy
- Displays & Distribution of Material Policy
- Epidemic Policy
- Equipment Loan Policy
- Fundraising & Solicitation Policy
- Gift Policy
- Library Access Policy
- Library Behavior During an Epidemic Policy
- Mission Statement
- Operation Policy
- Personnel Policy
- Programs Policy
- Public Records Policy
- Reference Services Policy
- Revision of Library Policies
- Services Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Wireless Internet Access Policy