The Boulder Junction Public Library gladly accepts donations of money or materials that will improve library services for our community. Gifts are accepted by the library director and become library property.
What types of gifts are accepted?
The library accepts monetary donations to be used to purchase items needed by the library. Specific purchase requests made by a donor will be honored whenever possible.
• Books or other materials
Our library accepts books or material donations with the understanding that they will be considered for addition to the collection in accordance with the Collection Development Policy. Materials that do not meet the selection criteria are placed in our Friends of the Library used book sale or disposed of at discretion of the library director.
• Gifts in memory/honor
Memorial gifts of books or monies to purchase new items are accepted. Recognition will be placed inside the materials indicating the donor’s and honored individual’s names. If memorial material becomes unacceptable for library purposes, as stated in the collection development policy, the library director will replace the item with appropriate materials.
What types of gifts are not accepted?
The library encourages and appreciates donations; however, due to our limited space we cannot accept:
• Reader’s Digest Condensed books
• Back issue of monthly or quarterly magazines older than 6 months
• Back issue of weekly magazines more than 3 months
• Outdated text books
• Any damaged materials, including those exposed to mold, water or smoke
In case of capital equipment, acceptance of donations is up to the discretion of the board of trustees.
The library cannot determine a value on any donated items for tax purposes.
Acknowledgements for donated materials are given upon request
Adopted July 2001
Revised February 2003
Revised January 2009
Policies & Bylaws
- Artwork Policy
- Behavior Policy
- Challenged Materials Policy
- Circulation Policy
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer and Internet Use Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- Credit Card Policy
- Disaster Policy
- Displays & Distribution of Material Policy
- Epidemic Policy
- Equipment Loan Policy
- Fundraising & Solicitation Policy
- Gift Policy
- Library Access Policy
- Library Behavior During an Epidemic Policy
- Mission Statement
- Operation Policy
- Personnel Policy
- Programs Policy
- Public Records Policy
- Reference Services Policy
- Revision of Library Policies
- Services Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Wireless Internet Access Policy