Mobile Hotspot Policy
In fulfilling the library’s mission to provide access to information and educational resources, the Boulder Junction Public Library lends mobile wireless hotspots to library patrons. A mobile hotspot consists of a mobile wireless hotspot device as well as a charger and case.
- The library has received funding from the federal Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF) to purchase 2 (two) Kajeet mobile hotspots using a Verizon data plan. Any ECF supported equipment and services can only be provided to patrons who declare they do not have access to the equipment or services sufficient to access the internet.
- In order to borrow a hotspot, patrons must be 18 years of age or older and have a Boulder Junction Public Library card in good standing.
- Hotspots may only be used in the continental United States.
- Internet service relies on cell tower technology and coverage. User experience is based on location.
- Only one hotspot per person and per household.
- Hotspots are checked out for a 7-day period with no renewals. Patrons who return a hotspot must wait at least 24 hours before checking out a hotspot again.
- Reservations for hotspots will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Reservations may be made by phone, email or in person at the library. Hotspots cannot be put on hold in the library catalog.
- Patrons must sign the library’s Hotspot Lending Agreement before a hotspot can be checked out.
- A library card and state-issued photo ID must be presented at checkout.
- Upon check-out and check-in, a library staff member will check hotspots and components.
- Hotspots must be kept in a temperature-controlled environment (not left in vehicles or in extreme temperatures).
- Hotspots can only be returned to a staff member inside Boulder Junction Public Library. Do not return hotspots in the library book drop or at another library in our system. Patrons may be charged a $5 fee for devices returned to an indoor OR outdoor book drop or to another library.
- If not returned on time, the hotspot will be deactivated, and the patron may be charged a $5 reactivation fee.
- If the hotspot or any of its accompanying accessories are lost or returned damaged, the replacement costs are $100 for the mobile hotspot, $10 for the USB wall charger, $15 for the USB-C charging cable, and $10 for the storage case.
- Abuse of the mobile hotspot program will result in a loss of borrowing privileges.
- By borrowing and initiating use of the library’s hotspot, the user agrees to abide by the library’s policies and rules and agrees to hold the library and its agents harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages, obligations, or liabilities, directly or indirectly, relating to the use of the library’s hotspot and internet access provided by the library.
- Hotspots provided by ECF funding will include content filtering. The Boulder Junction Public Library has no control over the filter parameters and cannot guarantee that the filter will block all objectionable content on the internet. The library is not responsible for information accessed using this device or for personal information shared over the internet.
- Deliberate altering of the filtering or modifying the configuration of Library-owned equipment is strictly prohibited.
- The library is required to retain records showing the usage of ECF-funded devices for ten (10) years, but no personally identifiable information of borrowers will be included in those records.
- The library has received funding from the federal Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF) to purchase the hotspots. Any ECF supported equipment and services can only be provided to patrons who declare they do not have access to the equipment or services sufficient to access the internet.
- Hotspot users must sign an ECF certification statement.
Policies & Bylaws
- Artwork Policy
- Behavior Policy
- Challenged Materials Policy
- Circulation Policy
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer and Internet Use Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- Credit Card Policy
- Disaster Policy
- Displays & Distribution of Material Policy
- Epidemic Policy
- Equipment Loan Policy
- Fundraising & Solicitation Policy
- Gift Policy
- Library Access Policy
- Library Behavior During an Epidemic Policy
- Mission Statement
- Mobile Hotspot Policy
- Operation Policy
- Personnel Policy
- Programs Policy
- Public Records Policy
- Reference Services Policy
- Revision of Library Policies
- Services Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Wireless Internet Access Policy