Wireless Internet Access Policy
The Boulder Junction Public Library is every person’s gateway to an expanding world of information. The library is committed to providing the best in service to the community. To achieve this goal, the library has decided to offer wireless Internet access (WiFi) to its patrons.
The Boulder Junction Public Library provides unfiltered wireless Internet access to library patrons. Any patron who complies with the Library’s Internet Policy may use the wireless access service. When using the wireless Internet access service, patrons must respect the following policy, rules and regulations:
- The Library does not require patrons to register before using its wireless Internet access. Patrons desiring to utilize the Library’s wireless Internet access must have a portable computing device, (e.g., a laptop computer) with a standard wireless network interface card (NIC) that is compatible with the Library’s WiFi standards.
- Library staff does not provide portable computing devices for patrons to use and does not provide any technical assistance to patrons using their own portable computing device. Library staff can only answer non-technical questions regarding the Library’s Internet Policy.
- There is no guarantee that a wireless connection can be made or maintained.
- The Library’s wireless Internet access is not filtered.
- The Library’s wireless Internet access service does not provide a secure connection. Patrons use the Library’s wireless Internet access at their own risk. The Library encourages patrons to use virus protection, a personal firewall, and other measures to protect personal information from disclosure. Patrons using their portable computing devices are solely responsible for protecting their personal information and assume all risks of an invasion of privacy or disclosure of personal information that may occur in using the Library’s wireless Internet access service.
- The Library’s wireless Internet access does not include the ability to print documents on library printers. Patrons desiring to print documents must either supply their own printer or use a Library public computer and pay any applicable fees for documents printed.
- The Boulder Junction Public Library is not responsible for any loss of information or damage that may occur, either directly or indirectly, to any personal equipment or data, or for any damage or injury that arises from use of the Library’s wireless Internet access service.
- Patrons utilizing the Library’s wireless Internet access service must comply with all other policies of the Boulder Junction Public Library, including but not limited to the Internet Policy. The Library reserves the right to terminate any wireless network connection in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations and policies. A violation of this Policy constitutes a violation of the Library’s Internet Policy.
Adopted June 2006
Revised December 2008
Policies & Bylaws
- Artwork Policy
- Behavior Policy
- Challenged Materials Policy
- Circulation Policy
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer and Internet Use Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- Credit Card Policy
- Disaster Policy
- Displays & Distribution of Material Policy
- Epidemic Policy
- Equipment Loan Policy
- Fundraising & Solicitation Policy
- Gift Policy
- Library Access Policy
- Library Behavior During an Epidemic Policy
- Mission Statement
- Operation Policy
- Personnel Policy
- Programs Policy
- Public Records Policy
- Reference Services Policy
- Revision of Library Policies
- Services Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Wireless Internet Access Policy