The library is gathering information and resources to determine how and when we can safely open our doors. Keep watching our Website/Facebook page for updates. In the meantime, we are still providing curbside service and the library still remains closed to the public.
Your library is still here for you! The Boulder Junction Public Library is committed to providing patrons access to online resources and safe access to physical materials – with safety to both our patrons and staff our utmost concern.
Curbside pickup appointments can be arranged on:
Mondays – 10 am to 12 pm
Tuesdays – 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Wednesdays – 10 am to 12 pm
Thursdays – 2 pm – 4 pm
Fridays – 10 am to 12 pm
To support social distancing efforts and to follow state orders, the library is operating with very limited staff. Staff will fill your holds as quickly as physically possible and we thank you for your patience. Currently, van delivery between libraries is suspended. You may only request items that are available in our library.
Follow these three easy steps to use curbside library service:
Step one: Place your items on hold.
- Use the online catalog, https://merlin.nwls.lib.wi.us/, to search for items currently available at the Boulder Junction Public Library and be sure to set the pickup location as Boulder Junction.
- Or, call us at 715-513-9345 or 715-385-2050 and we will place the holds for you.
- Or, email [email protected] to order materials.
- We will only be able to lend items that are available in our library.
Step two: The library will call you to schedule pick up.
- When your order is ready, a staff member will call you to arrange a pickup time. Pickups will be staggered at 5-minute increments to maintain social distancing during the pickup process. You must pick up your holds at the designated pickup time.
- Staff will pull your items, check them out, and place them in a bag. There will be a slip with your initials and last 4 digits of your phone number stapled to the bag.
Step three: Pick up your items.
- Drive to the back side of the Community Center/Library building (where the book return is) at your scheduled pick up time. You must arrive at the prearranged pick up time.
- Park in the designated pickup parking space – look for signs.
- If no staff member is outside, call the library to let us know you have arrived.
- Do not leave your car until a staff member indicates you may approach. We will be strictly enforcing social distancing between staff and patrons.
- Holds will be placed on a table outside of the building for contactless pickup – only one person should leave the vehicle to pick up items from the table.
- Your items will be bagged with a label with your initials and last 4 digits of your phone number stapled to the bag. Make sure you take the correct bag.
- After picking up your bag, please proceed back into your vehicle. There is to be no loitering or congregating in the parking lot.
- Please do not place returned materials on our curbside service table – only use the book drop for returns.
While the curbside pickup will take place under an overhang, if it is raining and windy, we may need to cancel pickup.
Remember, the Boulder Junction Public Library remains closed to the public. Lobbies, restrooms, computers, and other services will not be accessible. The book drop is open, but you do NOT have to return items – due dates are automatically being extended until we re-open and fines are being waived.
The Boulder Junction Public Library is following the guidelines provided by the CDC and the Wisconsin Department of Health to ensure the safety of our staff and patrons. Library staff will be wearing masks and gloves and practicing safe social distancing. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who jeopardizes the safety of staff and/or patrons. If you are sick, please stay home.
When you return materials to the library, please place them in our book drop. We will be quarantining all returned materials for 72 hours before handling them, so they will remain checked out to your library card for several days after you return them. We can only accept returns through the book drop in order to make sure these quarantine procedures are followed correctly. Please do not place returned materials on our curbside service table or anywhere else at the library.
Despite following these guidelines, the Boulder Junction Public Library cannot guarantee that all our materials are completely free of contagion. It is possible that the COVID-19 virus can remain viable on hard surfaces for several days (WHO). Please use your best judgement about how to keep yourself and your family safe. If you are concerned about exposure to COVID-19 from library materials, we suggest that you keep your materials quarantined in their delivery bag for 72 hours before you handle them, or that you avoid the risk altogether by using our digital services instead.