September is Library Card Sign-up Month, a time when the Boulder Junction Public Library joins the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries nationwide to remind parents, caregivers and students that signing up for a library card is the first step on the path to academic achievement and lifelong learning. When you get a library card from any of the 29 libraries within the Northern Waters Library Network (NWLN), which the Boulder Junction Public Library is included, you’ll have the ability to check out items from all of the 29 libraries. Another benefit is access to popular free resources such as Badgerlink, where you’ll find magazine and newspaper articles and more; Ancestry Library Edition; and hundreds of Gale Courses.
The libraries within NWLN would like to offer an incentive for you to sign up for a free library card and for library card holders to participate in an activity we have planned during the month of September.
You have up to five different ways to enter a drawing for a Visa gift card:
1) Become a new patron (more info HERE)
2) Refer a new patron (ask how this works),
3) Tell us your story on why your library is important (form HERE),
4) Take part in a Trivia Night on Zoom (link to register HERE),
5) And/or take part in an online scavenger hunt to introduce you to our new card catalog (link HERE).
Each activity will have its own separate drawing for a gift card. For more information, please call the library at 715-385-2050 or email [email protected]