Who are the Friends of the Library?
They are the men and women behind the scenes who donate their time and talents to improve the services of our library.
Their fundraising activities include:
- Annual membership dues
- Year-Round Used Book Sales
- Summer Flea Market Used Book Sale
- Annual Wine Tasting Held in October
- Annual Cookie Walk Held in November
All proceeds of the Friends’ fundraising directly support the Boulder Junction Public Library. Examples of items the Friends have purchased include:
- Computers and equipment
- Print materials
Becoming a Member
The Friends are always looking for new members. Some members pay annual dues and participate in fundraising activities. Other members are unable to give of their time, so they give an annual monetary gift to support the efforts of the Friends. If you would like to become a member, please call or stop by the library.
The Friends meet every other month, January through November, on the 2nd Monday at 1:30 pm in the library. Please consider joining this beneficial organization.
If you have any questions about the Friends of the Boulder Junction Public Library, please call the library at 715-385-2050.
Neighbor to Neighbor Program Series
The Friends of the Library created the Neighbor to Neighbor program series several years ago to highlight the interesting talents and hobbies of local residents. Programs are held the fourth Thursday of the month from May through October. All programs are free and held in the Boulder Junction Community Center. Refreshments will be provided. For questions, please call the library at 715-385-2050.
The 2018 Schedule:
- May 24 @ 7 pm - Jim Anderson, Athlete and Author of the book, “Discovering American One Marathon at a Time”
- June 28 @ 7 pm - Discover the Sylvania Wilderness and Recreation Area with Al & Marsha Fairfield
- July 26 @ 7 pm - Author, Naturalist and Nature Guide, John Bates, discusses his new book, “Our Living Ancestors : the History and Ecology of Old-Growth Forests in Wisconsin”
- August 23 @ 7 pm - “Wild Cats of Wisconsin” with Discovery Center Naturalist, Anne McDonnell
- September 27 @ 2:30 pm - “Fall Favorites” with local “foodie” and FYI cooking columnist, Addie Halfmann
- October 25 @ 2:30 pm - The Baltic States: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania with Diane Schauss